When is the release date?
Can you guys try to get Demetrius Andrade and the charlos Jermell Jermall Erickson Lubin Daniel Jacobs on Terence Crawford on the roster
We are in early development and aim for 2019.
Can you try get David tea on there?
Really good news. I’m beyond excited.
I think the roster actually looks really solid so far. It doesn’t have any big name champions but it isn’t a trash roster. A lot of fun fights are already in.
Who really cares anyway, a fighter share is a must.
I worry I’m too optimistic after following gridiron champions for what feels like an eternity with no actual development. A release with a year or so would be amazing. We desperately need a boxing sim.
Thanks guys, I really hope this works out.
What he said, release date? Can you guys get Razor Ruddock, Henry Akinwande, Riddick.
I’m geeked about the progress on this. Can’t wait.
Hello my joseph i have question is mike tyson and lewis and holyfield are going be in round 4 round
My joseph I have question for round 4 round boxing in the game can you pick Trainers team Let's say you lose a fight And you wanna pick a better training team Can you pick some and a famous trainers A manual steward Eddie fudge cus Damato
Here is the MUST HAVE LIST FOR THIS GAME TO SUCCEED!!
-Roy Jones Jr.
-Oscar De La Hoya
-Julio Cesar Chavez
-Sugar Ray Leonard
-Errol Spence Jr
I agree... Gotta have the legends on this game.
You left out James Toney.
Joe Calzaghe, Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler
Both are musts.
Paulie never got the respect he deserved.
Haha.... Y'all think money grow on tree's or something?
How about let the guys get the game out there then add content as needed.
is there gonna be a kickboxing mode or fighters
Thank you and your team so much for producing this boxing game.....There are thousands of us who greatly appreciate you and your hard work!!!
Should have an online community where you go to different gyms and take fights and definitely have Robert Easter
Please with Vasyl lomachenko and Usyk i dont gab wait for this Game
People need to realise it's virtually impossible for these to sign all the big name boxers in history due to licensing reasons. There's a reason EA Sports are refusing to bring out a boxing game and it's due to the costs of the licenses, an independent game like this stands no chance of acquiring the big names. Look at the confirmed roster so far, so many are not even top level fighters that's because it's cheap to afford them. This game just needs to make a real in depth editor that allows you to customise every single feature on their face, with numerous hairstyles, beards, shorts, boots etc. Or even make generic boxers with generic names that slightly resemble their real life counterpart that we can edit.
I haven't been able to find out the control layout for the game. In my opinion the fight night control scheme is a must, the button scheme does not work for boxing games. Also I would be super happy to support the game via kickstarter or any other means if available
The button scheme does not work for boxing games? Are you joking right? or you maybe new in boxing games right?
Dude, I considered myself like one of the best in boxing games. And without the buttons FNC is trash.
I love boxing games and its great there will be another one, but your roster is straight garbage. I wont be buying it if the roster is as weak as it looks.
if they can't get all the biggest stars they should go for up and coming fighters like Joe Joyce, Ivan Dychko etc.. they probably would become big stars soon and they wouldn't charge a lot to advertise themselves and to appear in a video game.
Thanks Round 4 Round for a new boxing game greetings from Germany
Use the same controls as fight night champion. The analogue stick for full control of the boxer. Put muhammad Ali as the best.
When will you be beta testing? I suggest using experienced guys from Fight Night Champion like myself. We can help you get the mechanics right
I would suggest not spending a bunch of money trying to get real fighters to sign on to this game.
Invest your money into making it the best game it can be with a focus on a single player campaign and online multiplayer tournaments. If it’s a good game boxing fans will play it even without all the big names. Just create interesting made up fighters and awesome gameplay
I just hope there is the ability to create our own fighters to make our own roster
try to get some old contenders from the 60 ,70s like shavers , quarry ,lyle , mac foster etc
Hi guys, I'm so glad you've taken on this challenge - its been too long a wait for us boxing fans. I'd like to add my list of 1 percenters that I think will make your game a much better product than anything else that's been around - since HBO Roy Jones boxing anyway...
1. Have as many attributes, including fighter physic, which actually makes the fighter different. The number one issue with the EA sports games is that essentially your fighter just ends up getting 100 for everything and so does every other fighter, and besides a few basic style choices, there isn't much true difference between the fighters and you end up getting bored as the fantasy of using Brue Lee or Tyson fades very very quickly.
2. If you add any thing, please add sliders so players can customise their own experience. For example: Let us turn off stoppages from cuts. Let us use a slider to adjust fatigue, damage, stoppages, knock downs - pretty much anything which can change the experience.
3. Please please don't just make the AI 'harder' by cheating. By that I mean by giving it superman like stamina and strength. Its just frustrating when you have 100 for stamina etc and after the first round you've lost a good portion of your health and at the start of each round, the AI has 100 again. Bullcrap. EA do this and it pisses me off to no end.
4. Don't sacrifice gameplay for 'lifelike graphics'. Focus on physics and responsiveness and allow the players to fully customise everything about their fighter and how they want to control him/her.
5. Please don't turn the game into a giant R&B Hip Hop Rap gang bang. Make it realistic or at least give players options of what story line they wish to choose - this way it can appeal to everyone: Russians, Irish, Aussie, US, Mexican, UK etc....
6. Make a tonne of special attributes that can be chosen depending on what your style is and what body type and size you choose. Anything which makes created fighters as unique as possible will give the game lots of longevity and gameplayability.
7. Don't make it cheesy and please don't make it one of those games where you have to pay more money to access certain things. This will turn off boxing fans in a big way.
8. Give us press conferences, weigh ins, build ups, trainers to choose from (check out the old TV Sports Boxing and some of the ideas for trainers etc. Another really good game is the Roy Jones HBO Boxing from 2000. Don't try and reinvent the wheel - EA Sports have punished us with that for years.
9. Ask gamers like me who have have been playing boxing games since the early 90's. I was obsessed by them and am still waiting for that one game that just seems to nail it.
I really hope your project is going well and I can't wait to see something online. Cheers. Josh.
Very good suggestions.
Must capture the tension of a one punch knockout at any time (when appropriate, Malignaggi shouldn't be one punching lamotta for example). Knockdowns and stoppages shouldn't be so systematic. This can be accomplished with a well designed slider system.
1. Please have a detailed create a fighter mode with a community share. This will give people the chances to create fighters that dont make the roster.
2. Please have a nice variety of venues. venues like the bright lights of MGM grand or barclays arena. Have foreign venues like the tokyo dome or wembley stadium. make outdoor venues like one of my favorites ceasar's palace. I just want the aesthetic that comes from going to a fight in a certain venue.
3. I would like a career mode with the ability to become a multi division champ. the possibility to move up to 6 divisions with the option to move back down. This would come at a cost with a decrease in ratings when a change happens. plus the ability to negotiate fight contracts. this being necasary to gain money to buy access to gyms and more.
Thanks for taking this into consideration.
If we could also have a tournament mode or a mode where the gamer took the role of promoter signing and promoting fighters( with the option to play as the fighers that you promote) to gain control of titles and making more money than the rival promoters. As a promoter you have to determine how much money to put into marketing fights, buying venues for the cards you make, and creating title shots for your fighters. depending on how your fighters perform and how well the card sells determines how much money the promoter would earn.
Before i get into my wishlist, some of it may not come across as important to the games development. Theres alot of stuff to do with game physics and boxing that im just not qualified to comment on. So most of my list is about visuals, presentation.
CAB modes and licensed boxer visuals amd customisation are big for me. Addressing licensed fighters - i like how in FNC they gave you more than 1 option for fight attire. But they obly done it for miguel cotto. Id like to see each licensed fighter in the game to have at least 3 different choices of fight attire from their actual fights. And not just with the generic long style robe . Some might just wear a t-shirt, headwear, shorter style robes (more like a thin jacket) short sleeve robes, sleevless robes. FNC did a good job of cab customisation but it was only really a small start. Id like to see many more styles of shorts. So maby different materials fighters choose today. It would be good to have a goos representation of attire from the 70s right up to today. More font styles and sizes for names on the waistband. And the ability to add an outline colour to any text. It would be also cool to add text if wanted to any part of the shorts and not just limited to the waisteband. Fnc had many template heads for creat a boxer but many of them looked too similar. Id rather have 40 completley different looking faces than 90 that look similar. Many more tattoo options and customisation for placement is needed. The hairstyles in FNC Were a let down. Needs to be many more of these. Again fight attire/rig walk attire there needs to maby more customisation options things like tshirts and headwear. Options to have mabye a countrys flag on the shorts with the option to change size or placement. Maybe create some generic companies to maybe add wee patches to attire. This could be implemented into career mode? Like maybe as ur career progresses you getbiffets of sponsorship. Be great to get suzi wong on board as they do stuff for so many uk fighters.I like in tv broadcasts how sometimes there is an areial shot of the venue from outside with surrounding city this would be great to see in the game. Longer more varied ring walks/post fight. I hate how in career mode u have ur firsr 5 or 6 pro fights in a gym. Do away with that. Smaller venues for that or even big venues but if on an undercard there should be less of a crowd to reflect realism.would love to see more international venues. Cant think of anything else right now but more than happy to take a job as a researche
YES YES AND HELL YES
As far as styles i would love if it was possible if we could have something equivalent to fighter "DNA" lets say your are playing the computer.. i want the computer represent what that boxer has shown himself to be.. but also respond to situation that represents it self in an intelligent way.. Say if the fighter is hurt.. he resorts to fight or flight/defense depending on his attributes.. or if they are down on the cards they start to take chances.. or If they find the user over aggressive they utilize traps..
I dont know if thats over ambitious or not as far as fighter DNA but it would be great if there was some level of logic.
Cant wait to see the fruits of your labors.. looking forward to a teaser/ trailer representative of the ameplay
It will be great if there are national and continental titles in the game and a very good editor to create and customize boxers.
Please include fighters from Georgia. They never get any love. Paul the punisher Williams, Vernon viper Forrest, Jade the spade Ealy, Justin chosen one Deloach, Rayonta sting ray Whitfield
Hope this can get near the bar that has been set by the fight night series!
Fans have waited way too long for a boxing game on next generation consoles!
I agree with Dazza92. This needs customizable boxers, Create you own fighters that you can add to the game. Depth in the custom characters, and gameplay. Focus should not be on the Real life fighters so much. Think about how much traction this game would get if the gameplay was solid and better than anything anyone has ever picked up, people would be after this, boxing fans and gamers a like who like combat sports who think the mma games are way to complicated to properly replicate on a controller. BOXING IS THE COMBAT SPORT FOR GAMING. PLEASE PLEASE GAMEPLAY IS KEY. AUTHENTICITY IS KEY. HONESTLY A FOCUS ON FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 WITH BETTER PUNCHING ANIMATIONS WOULD BE A GREAT START. 60FPS AND A PROPER PUNCHING ANIMATIONS WOULD BE WHERE TO START AND WE CAN BUILD FROM THERE.
Hello everyone from Russia, аnd sorry for my English!
I am a big fan of boxing games, now I play UFC but only because there is no alternative. If your game will be similar in style and quality of performance as Fight Night Champion, then for me all the other fighting games just will stop to exist!
I think my opinion is shared by many players who are now playing other fighting games just because they do not have a decent boxing game. We do not care how many famous boxers will be in the roster, we need gameplay, we need boxing. Not mixed martial arts, not wrestling, only BOXING!
Thank you for your work!
From Russia with love!)
You just need to have Ali in the game and make him the best!!🥊
Any way possible to make a place in the game for leagues like mine in where we can control things inside the game?
Im working in a universal ranking app. Is anyway possible to make the game api run inside my app if peoples in my league are fighting under my league rules?
This may have been asked already, will there be a Create a Fighter option with a basic career mode?
Ear bite dq feature....lol
If it's possible I'd love to see the following fighters included: Jack Dempsey, Rocky Marciano, Jake Lamotta, Sugar Ray Robinson, Carmen Basilio Gene Fullmer Joe Louis etc. I also want to thank you guys for stepping up and giving us fight fans a new game. It's been way way too long.
I would also like to see Joe Fraizer Rocky Graziano Micky Ward Autoro Gatti Gene Tunney Max Baer James Braddock Max Schmeling included. The new generation of fans need to be aware of the legends. It'd also be cool to fight for the Ring magazine belt too
I I am excited about the game coming round 4 round My request is when a fighter gets beat up the crowd goes crazy and I in a commentary The commentary in the fight Like an example when Holyfield beat Tyson The crowd went crazy My next request Will you create your fighter you can choose his fighting style if you wanna fight like Tyson Holyfield Lewis Muhammad Ali Joe Frazier or any fighter My last request when your fighters in trouble he goes back to his corner in his trainer You can hear the trainer talking to You can see you copy Box numbers for both fighters The fighter can be say by the Bell
My last request You have a big moment in the fight you have A Replay And your commentator announcer breakdown fights
My name is Joseph a have one more request round 4 round boxing OK when you have your fighter You have to have a fight promoter and you go to the press conference to promote the fight Can you get into argument into a fight
Let me give you some REAL advice. Don't fuss about trying to produce a roster of professional fighters. Obtaining the rights to fighters' likenesses etc. is simply not worth the effort and expense. The cost of getting a roster is the number 1 reason boxing games have fallen out of favor with developers over the last decade. Do yourself and the future fans of your game a favor and spend that time and money just making the game as god as it can be and I guarantee the players will buy it up.
Second piece of advice, and this is strictly from a gameplay perspective: Whatever you have to do to make it happen, if you can make sure the fighters' feet have to make actual concrete contact with the surface of the mat, you will be king of the boxing games. This means a handful of specific things need to be set in stone, and have absolutely no exceptions to them in the gameplay.
1. When a foot is planted on the canvas, it can not move. Period.
2. When fighters push/jostle each other, they do NOT slide out of the way of each other. The bodies collide and stay there until the fighter ACTUALLY moves. This pushing/smothering should also drain stamina of both fighters involved.
3. No body-free bubble. All previous boxing games have some amount of mandatory space between fighters programmed in. This was to prevent clipping, but all it really does is prevent the very real and IMPORTANT scenario of fighters having their punches smothered. It also resulted in the aforementioned sliding. The characters would act like they're moving forward, their feet would move, but they just ice-skate in place. In a game where a fighter's feet can not move when planted on the ground, when a fighter runs into their opponent, their feet would STOP moving, and they would brace against the other character. Unless, of course, one fighter is strong enough to simply walk their opponent back by pushing.
4. If a fighter DOES walk into their opponent and tries to keep going, they should drain their own stamina heavily. If the opponent resists (and is strong enough), the two would both begin losing stamina until someone relents. If the opponent does NOT resists (ie allows them self to be pushed across the ring), then it should drain minimal stamina for the opponent and only slightly reduced stamina depletion for the pusher.
5. Since the game actually defines the difference between feet planted or not, then whether or not your feet are planted could be incorporated properly when calculating the power of a punch. This MUST include the force of both fighter's movement, not just the puncher. In other words, the force a fighter exerts from the feet pushing forward at the moment a punch lands increases the power of that punch by an amount equal to the force being imparted by their own legs. And vice versa, a fighter moving away from a punch should have the force of their legs in the opposite direction subtracted from the force of the punch.
6. Footwork would be a properly definable stat as well. Since characters would have to move their feet in a real-world manner, fighters would bad footwork would move their feet in a more clumsy manner. This would mean their options become limited while moving in all aspects, just like in boxing. Depending on direction, speed, AND position before attempting a movement, a fighter may not even be able to move in a certain direction at all. You see this even at the highest level of boxing, and often results in a flash knockdown where the opponent gets hit from an angle where they physically can't move their feet and just fall on the backside. They're not injured, they just couldn't move. It also applies to offense. Never mind power, your punches have different ranges and angles depending on foot position (if you can even throw a punch from a given position). Therefore, fighters with better footwork have more punches available to them most of the time because they can position their feet to have the superior range and angle to make contact. (This should NOT prevent players from attempting to throw punches that their character physically can't, they should be allowed to burn stamina and time and learn from their mistakes)
All of the above factors and many more are all direct results of one simple change in the way boxing games are approached--feet that actually plant on the mat. It may sound simple, or obvious, but it's probably the only technologically challenging hurdle that has never been passed. If you can master this, no competing game will hold a candle to what you produce.
Will there be a career mode ?
If it's possible try to get Teddy Atlas involved in the game either as a commentator or a trainer. His passion and knowledge of the sweet science would benefit the game greatly. Thanks again for giving us fight fans a new boxing game it is greatly greatly appreciated!!!!
I wholeheartedly disagree with the above user. I appreciate everyone sharing their comments, but disagreement is part of an open process.
Teddy Atlas was fine for the Fight Night series, because he's the John Madden of boxing. Sometimes he has genuine insight, but mostly he's just a soundbite to fill in the silence. He knows a bit of boxing, but when it comes to the real sweet science, he's just a stubborn old mule. He knows what he knows and pretends nothing else is worth a second look, even when he's dead wrong. A guy like that can't really be considered an asset to the sport.
Just saw this comment. I appreciate your opinion. What do you think would make this game be the best boxing game?
Mr Ryan I really appreciate your opinion I think it's great that everyone can have their say on what would make this the absolute best boxing game. Who are some of your favorite fighters? I'm a big Rocky Marciano and Joe Louis fan. I'd be interested in hearing your take
Joe Louis one of the all time best. From a generational standpoint I'd say the very best, at least as heavyweights go. Julio Cesar Chavez (Sr.) isn't as heralded as he should be, but he is both one of my favorites and probably top 20 overall. Bernard Hopkins will always be a fighter close to my heart. His skill and his life story are both awe inspiring. Then you have the likes of Tommy Hearns and Sugar Ray Leonard, who stand as pillars of what it truly meant to be championship level boxers during the peak of the sport.
I prefer fighters who refine unique talent to reach the pinnacle of the sport. The one thing I will never accept is those who mastered the art of pure endurance as a catch-all solution to victory. Erislandy Lara and Mayweather are the prime examples of how a boxer can find success if they just argue for the biggest ring possible and spend the fight running backwards quickly. Mayweather had more going on than that for a long time, but after multiple hand injuries, he decided to stop hitting people with any kind of force.
Thank you for including PC platform. Us PC only players have absolutely nothing when it comes to realistic fighting games. Looking forward to playing your game!
I completely agree with you Ryan. To me Mayweather was always a ''points chaser''. I agree with you regarding Chavez Sr he was a true warrior and I'd like him to be featured as a playable character. I like fighters that get in there and give it their all regardless of a win or loss. I still say jack Dempsey was one of the ATGs
Ryan how long have you been a fight fan?? I've been a fight fan for what seems like forever. I grew up watching the fights with my grandfather it's one of the best things we like to do together. He grew up watching Gillette Friday Night Fights with his dad so it's kind of tradition
Been a fan since I was about five years old. Always loved the sport. I didn't even know until I was much older that my grandfather was a golden gloves champion. So I come by it honest.
Please just give us a decent career mode with some depth and I’ll be eternally grateful!
What is everyone's views on the Ring Magazine? I've thought about doing a subscription but don't know if it's really worth the hassle. Just thought I'd ask
Oh wow Ryan your grandfather was a golden gloves champ? That's amazing dude!! I'm almost 26 and I can honestly say I'll be a fight fan forever. There's nothing better than seeing two men battle it out either in the boxing ring or a MMA cage. I kinda do see what you meant about Teddy Atlas I like him but he is kinda a loudmouth. From what I've read he's had a lot of difficulties with the fighters he's trained. I was wondering what your view is on the Ring Magazine? I've thought about getting a subscription but a lot of people say it's a bias magazine
Honestly, I've never looked into Ring magazine, but I'm just not a magazine reader. Perhaps someone else can weigh in on that question.
Ok fair enough. What's everyone's take on the Bronx Bull Jake Lamotta? Personally I think he has to be one of the all time middleweight p4p. Sugar Ray Robinson is regarded as the ATG in the middleweight rankings but I think Jake rates up there as well
Guys I'm seriously considering starting my own boxing promotion and maybe having a weekly live telecast that features up and coming fighters, prospects, etc and help em go for the world title. I know there's a lot of promotions out there but I want to do my part to help boxing back into the mainstream so it can get the respect it used to have. It truly is a great sport
Ok boxing fans I need to know is a subscription to Ring Magazine worth it? I know in the past it was the Bible of Boxing but is that still the case nowadays? From what I know Goldenboy owns it now and some say the magazine is bias. If anyone out there has any advice on this topic I'd love to hear your say